The SACES Executive Committee met on January 11 and 12, 2023 for strategic planning. A result of this meeting was an update to the SACES bylaws. We aimed to reflect current practices and streamline activities for efficiency and efficacy. The most notable updates include:
- Removal of the state leaders council. Efforts to revamp involvement of the state leaders council are being taken through ACES. Based on the flow of responsibility, overseeing this counsel is more appropriate to remain at the ACES level.
- Addition of new committees and revision of interest networks into task forces. These new standing committees will have increased involvement with overseeing the functioning of SACES, ensuring we operate in ways that are equitable, just, and inclusive. New committees include:
Increasing the role of secretary from a one year term to two years through adding a secretary elect to the executive committee. As informed by feedback from previous secretaries, the aim is to enhance the role of the secretary, encourage leadership mentorship and development, and overall strengthen the SACES leadership pipeline.
- Accessibility & Inclusion Committee
- Diversity & Social Justice Committee
- Gender & Equity Committee
A full breakdown of the bylaw revisions can be found here. Additionally, a town hall will be hosted on Wednesday, March 22 from 9 AM to 10 AM EST (see zoom link below). We will discuss updates with the executive committee and dive into bylaw revisions, allowing time for discussion. Our town hall will be recorded and posted on the website for all who are unable to attend.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 863 4489 1263
Members can vote on the proposed bylaws by visiting this link. Please note that members can only vote once.