Call for SACES Treasurer
Candidates for SACES’s Treasurer
The SACES Executive Committee is seeking applications for the position of SACES Treasurer for a three year term (2023-2026). The term of the Treasurer to be appointed is July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2026, with potential for extensions based on the discretion of the current SACES President. Onboarding will take place during Fall 2022 and Spring 2023. The SACES Treasurer is an active member of the Executive Committee and is integral to providing fiscal oversight to the organization.
According to the SACES Association’s Bylaws:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with SACES Executive Committee to develop and submit an annual operational budget (typically by May 1st each year)
- Collaborate with SACES Conference Coordinator and SACES Executive Committee to develop and submit a regional conference budget (typically by Jan 1st for conference years)
- Collect all invoices for regional expenses and forward them to ACES Executive Director
- Maintain an accurate accounting of ongoing regional revenue and expenses to reconcile with ACES records.
- Submit a mid and annual Treasurer’s report to SACES Executive Committee and post to website.
- Provide written and verbal Treasurer’s report to the General Assembly/Business Meetings during the SACES/ACES conferences each fall.
- Chair Budget and Finance Committee; submit annual plan, mid-year, and final committee report of activities and recommendations (typically by May 1st)
- Participate in SACES Executive Committee Annual Planning (typically held in person each January)
- Participate in ongoing Executive Committee meetings (held virtually each month)
- Participate in SACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES or SACES Conference each fall)
- Participate in SACES meeting during ACA Convention (each spring, if possible)
Applications must be received by August 25, 2022. Any member of the association is eligible for nomination; however, previous involvement in SACES and budgeting/accounting skills are preferred. Please send, in one PDF, a letter of interest (up to 2 pages) discussing your experience with the duties and responsibilities above, a list of 2 references, and a current CV to Dr. Sejal Barden, Pastfirstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom and the final candidate will be selected by the SACES Executive Committee in Fall 2022.