SACES 2022-2024 EMERGING LEADERS
SACES is pleased to accept applications for the Emerging Leaders program. The SACES Emerging Leaders program is open to all active SACES graduate student members and first-year new professionals. If selected, leaders will participate in a workshop, leadership recognition and two years of service to SACES.
SACES Emerging Leaders (ELs) program is designed to promote our vision of cultivating “an inclusive community of counselor educators and supervisors who develop leaders and counselors committed to professional advocacy and dedicated to client equity and wellbeing.” The program targets development in SACES goals focused on advocacy and promotion of community via connection, leadership, and service.
During this time, ELs will:
- Participate in a workshop and recognition activity at SACES 2022 conference in Baltimore, MD. This activity will feature opportunities for networking, panel conversations, and reflections regarding leadership.
- Engage in service during the SACES 2022 conference and on committees and interest networks for the two-year duration of the EL term.
- Have the opportunity to participate in large group leadership workshops.
SACES Emerging Leaders will receive a complimentary workshop, luncheon and registration for the SACES 2022 Conference.
The EL program is open to all active SACES graduate student members or first-year new professionals at the time of application. We especially encourage applications from individuals who are seeking opportunities to develop leadership skills and strongly committed to SACES vision related to inclusivity, community, and social justice in counselor education and supervision. The review committee especially welcomes candidates who identify with historically marginalized groups and will consider applications spanning varying and diverse experiences. Selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated identification with and commitment to the counseling profession
- Record of participation in professional counseling organizations and conferences
- Commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and social justice
- Vision for counselor education and supervision, including role of the EL experience in reaching the vision
- Intentional interest in research and scholarship
Applications are due 4/8/2022, and notifications are made on or before 6/15/2022.
Applications must be submitted in one PDF document and include, in order:
- Personal statement addressing selection criteria (not to exceed 2 pages)
- Recommendation letter from a professional reference familiar with the candidate’s engagement in counseling and/or counselor education.
Please address inquiries and applications to SACES Past President, Dodie Limberg, email@example.com